Fall 2020 Concert Series
After much planning and careful consideration over the summer, we are pleased to announce our plans to offer several FREE performances this Fall! These performances will be available to a limited number of audience members in a safe and socially distant environment outdoors. We will also experiment with live-streaming these concerts, so you can enjoy them from the comfort of your own home, too.
We will be performing on August 16, September 13, October 4, and December 13. These concerts will all take place at Bethany Lutheran Church in the west Courtyard. We will update this page with performance information once plans are set for each performances. Please understand that plans with these concerts could change with any new developments surrounding COVID-19. We will always keep you updated as soon as we have any new information.
Although these concerts will be free, if you choose to attend a performance in person, you must reserve a ticket ahead of time. No one will be admitted to the performance without reserving a ticket prior to the event. Tickets are limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
Sunday, September 13, 2020 • 4 PM
RESERVED TICKETS ONLINE
Bleib bei uns, denn es will Abend werden, BWV 6
(Stay with us, for evening falls)
Sponsored by Kathleen Sgamma
Colorado Bach Ensemble is excited to offer our second FREE live-streamed concert of Fall 2020, which will also be performed live for a limited number of audience members in a safe and socially distant environment outdoors.
Known as the Grand Easter Tuesday Cantata, the opening chorus resembles the closing movements of Bach’s St. John and St. Matthew Passions with its form and power. The exquisite chorale for Soprano highlights the Baroque master’s favorite obbligato instrument: the Violincello Piccolo. Albert Schweitzer referred to this cantata as “a masterpiece of poetry in music.”
Tune in to the live stream of this performance at 4 PM (Mountain time) on September 13th to watch this performance from the comfort of your home!
Stay Tuned for More Information About Our Future Fall Performances
OTHE IMPORTANT DETAILS
- These concerts will be outdoors. If you attend the live performance, please plan accordingly. We will keep a close eye on the weather in the days/hours leading up to the performance. We will notify you ASAP if we need to cancel due to inclement weather.
- We encourage you to bring your comfortable lawn chairs, sunglasses, hats, sunscreen, and umbrellas.
- We will not have access to the Bethany Lutheran Church building (this includes restrooms). Please plan accordingly. The concerts will last approximately 30 minutes.
- Park in the WEST parking lot at Bethany Lutheran to easily access the courtyard. Please note that no one will be permitted into the building.
- Per CDC and state guidelines, masks will be required at all times – before, during, and after the performance.
- Household groups/those who book their tickets together will be seated as a group, properly spaced out from other patrons/groups.
- Please help us follow all CDC and state guidelines and maintain the appropriate social distance from our performers, volunteers, and other patrons.
- Lastly, here is a link to our Liability Waiver Form. You do not need to print this form out. You will check off that you understand the terms on the final registration page. CBE COVID Liability Waiver Form
Past Concerts from 2019-20
CANTATA INSIGHTS SERIES
Bereitet die Wege, bereitet die Bahn! BWV 132
(Prepare the paths, prepare the road!)
Sponsored by John and Diane Gallagher
LIVE STREAMED on Sunday, August 16, 2020, at 4:00 pm
CANTATA INSIGHTS SERIES
Aus der Tiefen rufe ich, Herr, zu dir, BWV 131
(Out of the depths I cry to Thee, O Lord)
Sponsored by Rebecca Abel
Sunday, March 8, 2020, at 6:00 pm | St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church
This concert, originally scheduled for Oct. 27 and postponed due to weather, has been rescheduled for March 8. We hope to see you there!
Handel for the Holidays
The Complete Messiah
Saturday, December 14, 2019, at 4:00 pm | Trinity United Methodist Church, Denver
Sunday, December 15, 2019, at 4:00 pm | Griffin Concert Hall, University Center for the Arts, Fort Collins
CANTATA INSIGHTS SERIES
Was Gott tut, das ist wohlgetan, BWV 99
(What God does is done well)
Domitila Jones (9/13)
John & Diane Gallagher (9/15)
The Celebrating Virtuosity performances were cancelled due to COVID-19.
Concertos & Solo Cantatas
Concerto for Violin and Oboe in C minor, BWV 1060
Flute Concerto in D minor, Wq 22 (by CPE Bach)
Two of J.S. Bach’s Solo Cantatas
Chosen from BWV 51, 170, 55, 82
Performed by the 2nd Annual Bach Competition for Young Artists Winner & Runner-up
Sponsored by Ron & Anada Gusé
Saturday, May 16, 2020, at 4:00 pm | Hampden Hall, Englewood Civic Center, Englewood
Sunday, May 17, 2020, at 4:00 pm | Organ Recital Hall, University Center for the Arts, Fort Collins